Neurofeedback, otherwise known as EEG Biofeedback, is a form of biofeedback that focuses on the brain and the central nervous system. It provides moment to moment, instantaneous feedback to your brain through the use of sensors, sensitive computerized equipment and simple, engaging visual displays and sounds activated by your brainwaves. Over time, the rewards the brain receives from the visual images and sounds train the brain and central nervous system to make positive long lasting changes in physical, emotional and cognitive states.
Research has demonstrated neurofeedback's effectiveness with ADHD, epilepsy, anxiety, addictive disorders, depression, traumatic brain injury, autism spectrum disorders, learning disabilities and migraines. Experts in the trauma field, including Bessel van der Kolk, recognize neurofeedback's benefits. In addition, neurofeedback has been widely used in the world of athletics and business for its' peak performance benefits.
- Are you a business person who would like to achieve more success within your industry?
- Are you an athlete who would like to be more focused so your body can perform optimally?
- Are you a student who is struggling in school academically?
- Are you having difficulty connecting with your child?
- Do you or someone you love suffer from depression, anxiety, ADHD, sleep disorders, epilepsy, migraines, PMS, Menopausal symptoms, Autism Spectrum Disorders, low self-esteem, lack of motivation, or anything else that might be governed by your central nervous system?
What to expect during a Neurofeedback session?
In a comfortable, private environment, sensors are placed on the scalp and ears. These sensors are neither painful nor unpleasant. You will relax in a comfortable chair while you watch a screen display with visual images and sounds that are generated as a response to your brainwave activity. The brain interprets this information as rewards and inhibitory information and makes changes in the way it operates.
Neurofeedback is done at least one time per week with optimal effectiveness recommended at two times per week. Sessions last 30 to 60 minutes.